Credit Union’s New Green Horizons Initiative Offers Loan Incentives
PORTLAND, Ore. (KTVZ) – OnPoint Community Credit Union, the largest Oregon-based credit union, on Monday announced new commitments in the fight against climate change, including the Green Horizons initiative, which makes the adoption by residents of more affordable Oregon and Southwestern Washington of new, sustainable technology.
OnPoint Green Horizons offers special price reductions on electric and hybrid vehicles, as well as solar panels. In addition to these member discounts, OnPoint is taking other steps to reduce its carbon footprint with telecommuting programs, environmental education, employee volunteer opportunities, and donations to environmentally focused organizations.
“The global threat of climate change requires all of us to take action to ensure a sustainable future for our community and the world,” said Rob Stuart, President and CEO of OnPoint. “Going green shouldn’t be a luxury only a few can afford. We want to help our members make more sustainable choices without breaking the bank, which is why we are proud to offer programs that make green choices more affordable. Our Green Horizons This initiative is just one step on the long road to helping build a greener future. “
Green auto discount
OnPoint’s Green auto discount offers 0.25% 1 APR on auto loan rates for new or used electric or hybrid vehicles financed by OnPoint. For each green auto loan approved, OnPoint will donate to Nature conservation (TNC) in Oregon, which brings people together to solve the biggest conservation challenges of our time such as climate change. The electrification of automobiles is one of TNC’s priorities. OnPoint donates $ 250 for each electric vehicle loan and $ 125 for each hybrid vehicle loan.
“To tackle climate change, we need to switch to clean, renewable energy while restoring and protecting nature to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” said Jim Desmond, State Director of The Nature Conservancy in Oregon. “We are encouraged by this program which makes low emission vehicles more accessible to our community and commend OnPoint for its leadership in this area.”
Home Equity Solar Panel Rebates
OnPoint Green Horizons is also making it more affordable for homeowners to generate their own solar power. When homeowners apply for an EquityFlex line of credit for home improvements, they can secure a portion of their line of credit for the purchase of solar panels and receive a 0.25% 3 reduction on the fixed portion APR. EquityFlex. Homeowners can save even more money by reviewing incentives and incentive programs. Oregon and Washington.
Solar energy is sustainable, renewable and abundant, even in the Pacific Northwest. Each kilowatt hour (kWh) of solar energy generated greatly reduced greenhouse gas emissions like CO2, as well as other pollutants. In addition to the environmental benefits, solar power systems result in energy savings over time. On average, it takes about 7.5 years of energy saving to offset the cost a solar investment.
Help fight climate change
OnPoint is also committed to supporting organizations that strive to make an impact to help combat the effects of climate change. In addition to the Green Auto Discount donations to TNC, here are some partners and initiatives that OnPoint has recently supported through charitable donations:
- $ 1,500 to Caldera, which partners with schools in Portland and central Oregon to deliver year-round mentoring programs to underserved youth that integrate art and nature and are grounded in the positive development of youth.
- $ 2,500 to Ecology in and out of classrooms, which inspires Kindergarten to Grade 12 students to care for nature and their communities through hands-on science education.
- $ 1,000 to Eco-school network, which recruits, trains and motivates parents to help initiate and maintain sustainable practices in their child’s school so that students can develop the values and skills necessary to maintain a healthy environment.
- $ 1,500 to SOLVE Oregon Beach Cleanup, which organizes individuals and communities across Oregon to help remove marine litter and debris from our beaches that can endanger wildlife and negatively impact water quality.
- $ 1,000 to Rogue farmhouse, which trains and equips the next generation of farmers and ranchers through hands-on educational programs and the preservation of Oregon’s farmlands. Without a coordinated strategy, these exploitable lands are threatened with development, consolidation and withdrawal from agriculture.
- $ 1,500 to Oregon WaterWatch, which works to protect and restore the water in Oregon’s rivers, streams and lakes for fish, wildlife and humans.
- Provide employee support for the Oregon Wildlife Foundation Watch the wildlife campaign, which seeks to provide dedicated funding for wildlife passage projects across Oregon through the sale of a commemorative Oregon license plate. Once 3000 vouchers have been sold, the plate goes into production.
ABOUT ONPOINT COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION
OnPoint Community Credit Union is Oregon’s largest credit union, serving more than 427,000 members and with assets of $ 8.1 billion. Founded in 1932, OnPoint Community Credit Union membership is available to anyone who lives or works in any of Oregon’s 28 counties (Benton, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Coos, Crook, Curry, Deschutes, Douglas , Gilliam, Hood River, Jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Morrow, Multnomah, Polk, Sherman, Tillamook, Wasco, Washington, Wheeler and Yamhill) and two Washington counties (Skamania and Clark) and members of their immediate family. More information is available at www.onpointcu.com or 503-228-7077 or 800-527-3932.
- APR = annual percentage rate. Vehicles meeting OnPoint’s green auto discount standards benefit from a 0.25% reduction on the indicated APR. All OnPoint loans are subject to approval of credit terms. Discount does not apply to existing OnPoint auto loans.
- Between February 1, 2021 and November 1, 2021, OnPoint will contribute up to $ 250 to The Nature Conservancy of Oregon per qualifying OnPoint auto loan towards the purchase of a zero or low emission vehicle to support its efforts in this area. of climate change, with a minimum total. donation of $ 50,000. The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. More information about the Conservancy is available by mail at 821 SE 14th Avenue, Portland, OR 97214, by phone at (503) 802-8100, or at www.nature.org.
- Benefit from a 0.25% reduction on the APR of the EquityFlex fixed part when the product is used to purchase solar panels. Review of purchase order or invoice required to qualify. Discount applies to invoice / purchase order amount, not to exceed $ 12,000.